Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Journal Excerpt

Sitting here in the African sunshine, hearing the scary storks and the honking cars and the constant music, I’m wondering if Uganda sounds a lot like my heart. Cluttered, filled with distractions. Noise. Where are You? Are You resonating in all of this? Or are You fighting to be the loudest? Oh, Jesus my prayer is that you would be the loudest thing in me. My desire for the next five months, and for the rest of my life, is that every day there will more and more of You in me, and less and less of me in me. Jesus, make my heart look like Yours.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful girl! May Jesus be the loudest thing in us, no matter where we are (Africa or Leopard Street) or what we are doing. Love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super spiritual! I miss you and your insightful-ness and am excited to hear all of the God-inspired adventure's you're going to be a part of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat, you make my heart leap for joy. I love you little cuz. Bren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you, Natalie! I love your spirit, your heart, your beauty (inside and out), your caring and nurturing of others (especially little children).......I just love YOU!! Take care, be safe, and God bless you always! Love, Gammy

    ReplyDelete