Sunday, November 11, 2012

#1: Eat a burger

So I have fifty(ish) days left in the United States before I move to Uganda for 5 1/2(ish) months! The plan is to do one "American thing" every day until I fly out and write about it on here! Yay fun project! So here is my first thing!

Burgers are super important to America, so I figured this was a good place to start! Keep in mind that I normally only eat a burger once or twice a year, so this was a big deal for me!

I went to San Antonio to visit my best friend, Hannah, and we decided to just drive out of the city and see where we would end up. We are very disorganized and spontaneous people! We had been driving for about 40 minutes, and in hungry desperation decided "Okay, the next food place we see, we're just gonna stop!" So we were driving along the highway and Hannah slammed on the brakes and pulled in to this place. If you asked us to take you there, we probably wouldn't be able to find it again! We were somewhere outside of the city where it looked like there should be no restaurants, and this one just appeared. It's possible that we were in New Braunfels or Boerne. I honestly have no idea. It was called My Place Bar & Grille-a local joint! The e on the end of "grille" was our first sign that it was going to be awesome.



We were so excited when we walked in, and we pretty much think we're geniuses for finding this place! It was so cute and old, and we knew every song they played, which, of course, resulted in some sing along.



We had cheese fries for an appetizer (the official food of our friendship), we each drank three or four strawberry lemonades and I had a Guacamole Bacon Burger that was bigger than my face. It was amazing.



We also shared "The World's Smallest Sundae."

Me: Can we get the world's smallest sundae?
Waitress: Of course! So two sundaes?
Me: No, I think we'll share one!
Waitress: Umm, are you sure? It's like...really little.



So my first of the last American adventures was a success!





No comments:

Post a Comment